Friday, November 21, 2008

We Will Miss You Peanut! November 21, 2008











Peanut, our hamster, has passed away. It appears she had a stroke (from what I could find on the Internet). Yesterday morning she was just curled up in the bottom of her cage and unable to move. We knew she was still alive because she would jerk in small movements from time to time. By last night, she only would move her head slightly. We put her in sock to keep her warm and this morning, she was dead. The kids are just fine with it. Kevin asked Clayton last night if he was upset at all, and he said, "Not really, I knew it would happen one day. Can I get a dog?" Anyway, Kevin and I have the ones that are sad. She was a great hamster, part of the family. We will bury her tonight. Hamsters only live about 3 years, and we got her on September 30,2007 after she was about a year already - so she lived a full happy life with three kids who adored her.

2 comments:

Shireen said...

So sorry, Nicki!! :(

I must say that Clayton's response was shocking, yet funny!

So, are y'all getting a dog!??! :)

Cassidy said...

Awwww...I am so sad for you. Glad to see the kids are not too bothered! That was funny what Clayton said about getting a dog! Since Kevin is allergic to dogs, I have heard that Bishon's are hyper-allergenic. So you can get a dog just like Barack Obama is going to get! ;)